After a roughly two-year hiatus from airing the Version Xcursion show on now defunct Toronto FM station CKLN 88.1, Sassa’le and Aram Scaram return with their show in podcast form through StudioFeed Radio.
In the guys’ debut web-episode, Sassa’le and Aram run through a number of Version Xcursion segments — some new and some old — including Canadian spotlight, the soundclash, return to the classics, and a final 20-minute mix of tunes, of which will be chosen by Aram one week and Sassa’le the next in an alternating fashion.
Mixing a wide range of sounds on their show, Version Xcursion includes bass heavy electronic tracks associated with the genre that has become known as UK-bass, as well as softer downtempo and dub tunes.
Version Xcursion Radio: Episode #1: Tracks Played
1. RSD, Sign Of Dub (Instrumental)
2. 3 Kings, Love like a diamond (Pinch Remix)
3. Version Xcursion ft. Alice Perera, High Pressure (unreleased)
4. Jimmy Cliff, Guns Of Brixton
5. Submotion Orchestra -All Yours (Jack Sparrow remix)
Return To The Classics
6. Faybiene Miranda, Prophecy
7. Norman Mathebua & Michinga Sisters – Xibhamubhamu (Catalist Re-Edit)
8. Zaki, Something In The Water
9. Del Ray Patrick, Summer Of Change
10. Dub Terminator feat. Ras Stone, Bad Mind (Jstar remix)
11. Alborosie, Money
12. Earl 16, Reggae Music
13. Ramin Sakuri, Brace Yourselves
14. Easystar Allstars, Billie Jean (Mister Vibes Remix)
15. Garnett Silk, Retreat Wicked Man