For the 18th episode of Sessions, StudioFeed is happy to welcome producer, DJ and Shabu Recordings label head Axel Helios to the digital air waves.
Axel is a Montreal-based musician who favours the more melodic side of the electronic world both in his own productions and those he chooses to release through his young but quickly blossoming electronic outlet, Shabu. While the influence of melodic Kraut-inspired synth work, acid and introspective ambient sound is evident in many of Shabu’s releases and Axel’s own productions, he is quickly building a community of closely-knit electronic musicians — including Norwell, Mattheis, Avus, and Niccolò Bianchi to name a few — who are developing new and exciting works with fresh perspectives.
In this 45-minute mix, Mr. Helios blends a variety of melodic work ranging from the warm acidic pulses of Avus’ “Chock” to the more contrasting ambient pads and driving percussion of Limbo’s remix of Duyster’s “Atek.” Assembled like a narrative, his mix is a story that unfolds as time eases by.
Download this warm mix of melodic sounds from the Soundcloud player below.
Sessions #18 – Axel Helios: Tracks Played
1. Andy Stott – Up The Box (loop) – Modern Love
2. Norwell & Axel Helios – Glimpse (S Olbricht Remix) – Shabu Recordings
3. Vinyluser – TMFYIG – Freakyhouse
4. Avus – Chock – Shabu Recordings
5. Broken Synth – Hords – Self-Released
6. Vaghe Stelle – Spider-Netta (Margot Remix) – Margot Recordings
7. Birdcage – Shorea Robusta (Alternate Version) – Shabu Recordings
8. Duyster – Atek (Limbo’s Genetic Modification) – Amateur Music
9. Clouds – Krafterah – Turbo Recordings
10. Professor Genius – Assassins (Steve Moore ‘Time Of The Assassins’ Remix) – L.I.E.S. Records
11. Blawan – Scarborough Harbour – Black Sun Records
12. Go Hiyama – Geometrical (Surgeon remix) – Audio Assault
13. 1991 – Tangerine Lidl – Astro:Dynamics